I cannot speak to the truth of this story, but it reminds me of a great piece by John Stossel when describing natural gas to a lay audience in a segment about risk. I think you can see that video here …
A 14-year-old junior high school student, Nathan Zahner, of Eagle Rock Junior High School in Idaho Falls won a science fair award with is report about the dangers of DHMO.
In his report, Zahner stated that DHMO is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, nausea, vomiting, and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.
Of course, this awful substance is not only not banned or regulated, but its supply is subsidized in many parts of the country. Just think of the damage that a little creative language has done to the state of liberty in this country.