Death is Not an Option, a New Series
Suppose you had to pick between these two alternatives (I think only my classical liberal readers have a dog in this fight). Under each of these alternatives, the total “involvement” of government in the economy and your life in general was 40%.
- Living in a world where the government was 40% involved in everything. In other words, 40% of every industry, job, relationship, whatever, had something to do with government.
- Living in a world (this is impossible by the way) where government controlled 100% of every aspect of “only” 40% of our lives, and had no involvement whatever on the other 60%?
My knee-jerk response would be #2, but I am not sure that makes sense. More on this in a future weekend post.