Wednesday, September 13, 2017
How ’bout a political grab bag discussion, with some other stuff thrown in.
- Julia Galef’s unpopular ideas about social norms
- Are political labels convenient? Fair?
- What do we love about politics?
- What do we not love about politics?
- How can “the right” plausibly say that “the left” has pretty much gotten its way for the past fifty years?
- How can “the left” plausibly say that “the right” has pretty much gotten its way since 1980?
- Would you really want to live in a world that is organized more toward your favored political view?
- Is it possible for progressives and libertarians to form an alliance (around what, exactly) and form a new political party?
- Do people really resent others with opposing political views? Why?