This page is intended to allow readers to understand the basic economic principles underlying some of the more common myths that are perpetuated. I am always on the lookout for more of these, so if you are so inclined, please contact me if you come upon one for yourself!
Here is a site that directs you to readings on various “mythical” topics
Twenty myths about markets … from Tom Palmer
- John Stossel (from ABC’s 20/20) shows his viewers 10 “Myths, Lies and Nasty Behaviors“
Myths of Classical Liberalism
- Five Contemporary Economics Myths (by Professor Steven G. Horwitz at St. Lawrence)
- America is a cruel and barbarous place – Hurricane Katrina proves it!
Collectivism, Marxism & Socialism
- The Legacy of Karl Marx
- Karl Marx – Irrelevant Man
- The Collectivist Illusion
- My Family Life as a Socialist
The Distinction Between Micro and Macro
Unions and Labor Markets