Let the Indoctrination Begin!
Today is our first day of classes. I used to be excited about it, and now it is just a giant pit in my stomach.
For the record, just so it doesn’t have to be imagined anymore in other classrooms and by people who have never so much as said hello to me:
- I support the exploitation of workers by “corporations” and “capitalists. I especially like it when such exploited workers are women and underrepresented minorities.
- I support the exploitation of the environment.
- I support the pursuit and accrual of short-term profits at the expense of long term profits and sustainable business.
- I support everything the Koch Brothers, Exxon, McDonalds, Big Pharma, etc. have ever done, anywhere, and under any circumstance. I supported it before they started paying me. Now I REALLY support it.
- I know everything there is to know.
- Economists have a monopoly on viewing the world. All other disciplines have nothing to contribute.
- I discriminate against everyone, even when I am not consciously doing so.
- .. fill in whatever you like, that’s par for the course.